Saturday, July 11, 2015

Late posts

Hello all.
It's been a little bit since I've written, had a lot going on. I ventured to Tennessee last week. We walked around Gatlinburg; explored Dollywood, shopped a little, and then went to Cherokee for a day. I had a blast and the view of the mountains made it even better. I always feel better when I look at the world's beauty and remember my girl can see it all now...
July 10th, the day my world changed last year. I had spent 40 hours in labor and finally got to meet this tiny warrior. I remember it all, the look on the doctors face when she came out limp and purple. I grabbed her and yelled "my baby!" Like everyone in the room didn't just watch her literally come from me... still thought they needed to know I guess. But, I held my sweet, sweet newborn and sang to her for almost 10 minutes or an eternity it felt like  I gave her my everything, and then she cooed with me. Finally breathing. Something most people don't know is I cried almost my entire labor. I cried when they told me to push, I told them no. I didn't want to push, I didn't want to start the journey of loosing her. She was safe in my belly, she would flip and dance all she wanted when i played music to her. I didn't want her to loose that, and even more I didn't want to loose her. That was a Rollercoaster of a day. And on the 1 year mark of it was just as hard. I chose to do something else than have a "my baby would've been a year old" I decided to call it warrior day. I want my family, friends, and myself to not have to be sad every year on July 10th. I want us to celebrate her life, and the change it made on us all. It wasn't the just the day she was born it was the day we all changed for the better. All of our lives dramatically changed, the universe shifted and it churned out a group of strong as bull humans. We are all warriors in our own way and now, we will celebrate that every year. Also, we will have cupcakes to honor my sweet, sweet baby and her extreme love of them.  Our first Warrior Day was spent at Rich Park with all the people who loved her the most. And I'm sure they love me the most as well. I couldn't do it without my family, and in this past year that word has expanded so much. I couldnt be happier that I found a group of people to call family so young. I have a lifetime ahead of me and I know I'll always have these friends to be there when I fall to pick me back up, or sit on the floor and cry with me. I look forward to going through lifes struggles and successes with them all.

I didn't get much pictures of our warrior day. Maybe some others did. All my love to you guys. Thanks for keeping up with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment