Thursday, September 11, 2014

Surgery day!

Hello everyone! Tomorrow is the day!  I’ve been waiting and “preparing” myself for this brain surgery since I was pregnant.  We went in this morning to do all the pre-op stuff and answer all my questions and I’m very proud I only cried once during both appointments. Something about talking to an anesthesiologist that really makes you feel something like; holy shit, this is seriously happening.  I’m don’t think I should even attempt makeup tomorrow I think it’s going to be basically worthless haha. We learned we have to be there at 6 for her surgery to start at 7.  It should take an hour and half maybe more and afterwards she will be admitted to the PICU or pediatric intensive care unit for at least 24 hours.   
Even though my daughter has a terminal condition called Hydranencephaly she has developed hydrocephalus which is the reason for this surgery. Hydrocephalus is a condition that an excess of cerebrospinal fluid is on the area around the brain causing head growth and pressure on the brain. Over a million people in the United States suffer from hydrocephalus.  Hydrocephalus is the leading cause of brain surgery in children and 1 to 2 of every 1,000 babies are born with this condition. September is Hydrocephalus Awareness Month, so I ask that all my readers wear blue tomorrow to not only support my little warrior but try to bring awareness to this condition that affects a large part of our population.  For those of you that use Instagram, Twitter or Facebook post pictures of your blue tomorrow and use the hashtags #amshydro  and #hydrocephalus to raise awareness and so my family and I can see all your blue! I love you all and appreciate all your beautiful messages sent to us each day. 
P.S.
For any others who want to get more information on hydrocephalus or to donate to help find better treatments or cure for this condition please go to http://www.hydroassoc.org/ 
Much love everyone! Let’s hope for smooth sailing tomorrow! 





Today, waiting on the doctor
<3 <3


No comments:

Post a Comment