Saturday, August 30, 2014

Surgery, for both warriors

So as some of you who are friends with me on my facebook probably have seen mentions of a meeting with a neurosurgeon that I had. This meeting was to discuss the options for having surgery to get the water in Adalynne's head under control.  Before we thought a shunt was the best options but after meeting with the doctor we have decided to do a surgery called Chorord Plexectomy, I call it the CP because no matter how hard I try I NEVER get those words correct. Nonetheless, what happens is the doctors go in and remove a piece of bone to get to the part of the brain that produces the cerebral spinal fluid and they clamp it and cauterize it. The fluid is made in several areas of the body but this will dramatically reduce the massive amount being made in her brain cavity. I'm waiting to see if hospice/medicaid will cover this and then we will be having this done ASAP. The longer we wait the more risk to her the water becomes. Now, I need to make something clear to you saps out there(no hard feelings) this isn't going to "fix" my daughter. I have finally allowed myself to see the MRI done after she was born.... and unlike what I had said earlier about missing a third of her brain, well, its the opposite. She has a third and is missing the rest. Knowing she has this is one thing but really seeing her picture next to a "normal" brain is.. breathtaking in the bad way.  I know the fate of my child, but I don't need people telling me to believe a miracle will happen. She is the miracle, its already happened I got her out of the delivery room, enough said. This surgery will help make her life more comfortable, her head is rapidly expanding and will start to cause much more issues and make caring for her way more challenging.  Its already effected her ability to hold her head and fit in clothes and holding her is more about having quick reflexes to catch her head when it swings from the weight of the water. Adalynne is still moving and luckily has the part of her brain that allows spontaneous movement so hopefully that will somewhat continue. She is now 9 lbs 2 ozs!! Feedings come and go with the challenging aspects I've already mentioned in previous posts. We haven't had many spells needed morphine or breathing issues recently. Had pretty good week with Adalynne. Just my health has decreased but hey, who needs a gallbladder anyway?? Lame organ with its bile storage and whatnot. hahah I'm on the track to recovery and I'll  be better in no time and able to hold her normally again after weeks of pain and now 5 more scars to this vessel of stories.
Time for a bath and snuggles with my warrior and our song All Of Me

Goodnight all, have a great rest and happy day. love to you all

P.S. she just threw up laying on my chest, oh the joys of motherhood. Ha gotta love it!


Great visit 





First park visit





No comments:

Post a Comment